1800 TIMBER (“we”, “us” or “our”) recognises the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals when handling their personal information. We handle personal information about individuals for purposes relating to our business functions and activities involving the call centre direct connection phone system service 1800 846 237, and the Business Directories (advertising) on the 1800timber.com website.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about individuals for purposes relating to our functions and activities. For example, we may collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Connecting you to the service connect provider through the telephone system of 1800timber or taking a message for them to contact you should they not be available
- managing our client relationship with you
- providing you with information about our products or services
- evaluating or improving our products or services
- marketing or promoting our products or services
- carrying out our business functions and activities
- complying with our legal or regulatory obligations
What kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information about you that we may collect and hold include your name, contact details, product and service information, and payment information. If we are not provided with the personal information about you which we request then we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
How we collect personal information
We usually collect personal information directly from you in person or when you communicate with us by telephone, email, standard form, letter, facsimile or other means. For example, we may collect your personal information directly from you when:
- you request us to provide you with our products or services
- you request us to provide you with assistance or support for our products or services
- you request us to provide you with information about our products or services
- you complete a survey or provide feedback in respect of our products or services
We may also collect your personal information from a third party or publicly available source for the purpose of carrying out our business functions and activities. For example, we may collect your personal information from
- your authorised representatives in connection with providing you with our products or services
- our service providers that assist us to carry out our business functions and activities
How we disclose personal information
We disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of carrying out our business functions and activities. For example, we may disclose your personal information to our service providers that assist us to carry out our business functions and activities.
How we hold and protect personal information
We hold personal information that we collect in both physical and electronic storage facilities including paper-based files, computer servers, desktop and laptop computers, tablets, mobile phones, and other portable data storage devices.
We protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure using both physical and electronic security measures which include secure premises, physical access restrictions, locked cabinets, secure databases, password access, anti-virus software, data encryption and firewalls.
How to access and correct your personal information
You may request access to, and correction of, any of your personal information which we hold. If you wish to access, correct or update any of your personal information which we hold, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. You will be required to verify your identity before you will be permitted to access, correct or update any of your personal information which we hold.
How to make an enquiry or complaint
If you have an enquiry or complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. Our Privacy Officer is responsible for dealing with all enquiries and complaints about our handling of personal information.
How to contact us
You may contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below:
JazCorp Australia Pty Ltd
Phone: 1300 667 709
Address: PO BOX 4025 CANNING VALE EAST WA 6155